Sunday, December 5, 2010
Baked Spaghetti Squash like Lasagna
Baked Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Style - 24.5g Carbs, 5.8g Fiber
"This is an alternative to bland old spaghetti squash. It resembles baked Rigatoni and Lasagna. Kids also loved it! Give it a try!"
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 (14oz) cans stewed tomatoes
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 cube vegetable bouillon
Black pepper to taste
1 (15oz can) black olives, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet
with a thin layer of cooking spray. Place squash halves cut side down
on the baking sheet.
2. Bake squash 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife can
be easily inserted. Remove from oven, and cool.
3. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium
heat, saute the onion and garlic until golden brown. Stir in tomatoes,
basil, bouillon cube, and black pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, or
until you have a medium thick sauce.
4. Remove squash strands with a fork, reserving the shells. Layer each
half with a spoonful of the sauce, a layer of spaghetti squash strands,
olives, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until shells are full, or
until all of the ingredients are used. Top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until Parmesan cheese
Nutrition per Serving:
280 Calories, 15.9g Total Fat, 27mg Cholesterol, 1,294mg Sodium,
24.5g Total Carbs, 5.8gDietary Fiber, 14.1g Protein