Impossible Berry Pie - 15g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 10.2g Sugar
From Chef Michel Nischan who whips up a pie so delicious you
won't believe it's diabetes-friendly. A delicious, low carb fruit
custard pie without the crust!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 1 hours
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries, washed & drained
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed & drained
1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed & drained
13 fl oz Milk, evaporated
1/4 cup agave nectar, all natural
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup white all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/3 cup flaked unsweetened coconut (optional)
1 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat 9-1/2" pie plate with cooking spray.
3. Place berries in pie plate; set aside.
4. Shake evaporated milk and pour into food processor or blender. Add
agave nectar, flours, vanilla, eggs, oil, and almond extract; process
until smooth, scraping sides.
5. If using, add coconut and pulse 2 times.
6. Pour mixture over fruit and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden
brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on rack about 30 minutes and refrigerate about 1 hour before
8. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftovers
Additional Information - -
You can use any combination of berries you like, and you can also use
frozen (unsweetened) berries. Agave nectar is a sweetener with a
slightly thinner consistency than honey. It generally has a reduced
impact on blood sugar. Look for it in the aisle where you find honey